Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Walker Sisters Cabin in the Smokies - a little more info.


I few weeks ago I posted HERE this image. . .

I didn't know anything about the image at the time other than what I posted. . .















Thanks to a site I follow on Facebook I have since learned a little, actually a lot, more about the place.
It is now known as the Walker Sisters cabin and has quite the story behind it . . . and it still stands.

Any of these following links can tell you as much as you would like to know about the place..

Saturday Evening Post

Your National Parks

Wikipedia

Enjoy

and here is a link to a PDF file on the original story.

It is hard to imagine in this day and age that someone lived in that house, using the old ways until 1964!
I was nine when that house was last used as a home.





















 And they had a dog!



2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. Enjoyed the article - you can see their point of view. Loved the 'then and now' photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just amazing how they stayed at it so long.

      Delete