Monday, August 5, 2013

Sad, but no more. . . a very sad ending to ones lifes work.

As I mentioned in this previous post, I was concerned about the future of a couple of the cabins.
I now know.

They are no more.
We were driving by their location yesterday and noticed bulldozers on the site.

I turned around and went back and noticed this one was gone, as is, I believe, the little church I built. I will confirm how much was taken down later this week.

Sure, I'm sad that some of my hard work was destroyed, especially the church, and I don't have all the details yet, so I am assuming a little bit here. I would imagine they were taken down, after allowing them to fall into disrepair, to make the site more appealing for sale. But that could have been done by allowing interested people to remove the cabins.

Sad for my loss of course, but even more sad because a man's, John Frank, life's work is so easily gone. I would rather see something like this destroyed by fire, quickly, than go through the slow death they did by decay.
I don't know how much effort ever went into saving the buildings or finding them new homes. I can only guess.

I hope the same fate does not fall on the main house.
I am glad I got by for some last photos a couple months ago..

2 comments:

  1. Sad indeed. They are such noble structures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Held several weddings and countless school tours.

      Delete