Monday, September 10, 2018

A little more done on the Adirondack Shelter.

 With a nice cool misty kind of day for early Sept. I got out to the cabin for a while.

The morning found me cleaning the inside of the main cabin to get ready for fall/winter/spring use.

Twice a year deep cleaning whether it needs it or not.
 No, I didn't get to take a nap here today.
 This is about where I left off on the shelter a couple of weeks ago.

Like I said, I had gotten the two short sides done with stones I had gather at a nearby creek.
 The back required a little more work because the spaces between the logs was a lot wider.


 Instead of being able to just use rocks between the logs here, which would have required long narrow rocks, I used bricks in the same method.

I then went and placed some nails in the logs around the bricks and filled the large openings with smaller stones.

Lots of stuff for the chinking to hold onto.
 The two lower rows were not quite as wide so I was able to mix stones and bricks.
Had to also work around the 'faux' joist logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment