Monday, August 14, 2017

Finally back at it!

 If you remember, this is about where I left it last Dec.

Between having to replace the main cabins porch roof and having eye surgery on both eyes I have missed some time working in the new project.
Well I finally got back at it yesterday.

I started by placing the last two logs needed to finish the gable ends.
They had to be cut and notched to fit around the ridge beam.
Circled in red is the log on the south side.
 I then fit the roof joists on both sides of those logs.
This sandwiched four logs between joists and made for a tight fit.

I have the blue tarp on to give a little shade and protect the wood a little from rain and sun.

Once the other joists are on it will come down.
Here you can see the log and the joist sandwich.

Now that those are supported, I was able to remove a lot of the junk lumber holding the logs up, which makes it look a lot cleaner.
The small log on the north end.

While visually it does not look like a lot of work done, it was key stuff that needed to be done before I could finish the roof.

Now it should go pretty quick.
















Saw dust on a spiders web.

No comments:

Post a Comment