Thursday, January 18, 2018

One that got away . . .

 This was the first cabin I ever took down that was going to be for me.

But alas.

I only took the cabin because I wanted a large blue cook stove that would be coming with it.

We were told that at one time it had been a slaves cabin.
 Which I am sure it could have well been.

The chinking between the logs was much newer than the cabin, but it to was old. Written in the chinking while it was still wet was 1896.

For many years it had been used as a small canning kitchen. That is where the blue stove was.
When I got this cabin I still did not have any land to keep the logs on so I had to store them on a friends property.

By the time I got my own land, and moved the logs again I was involved with the other two big log cabins and these logs never got used.

I hate to see any of them lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment