Monday, October 16, 2017

A little more about a couple earlier posts.

Well, in this post I promised I would post a picture of how I put rocks between the logs before chinking.

So here it is.
Stacked like fallen dominoes.

















And in this post I promised to show the other notch repair we did on one of the logs.

As I mentioned, this first log on the left side was once a log used where a door entered the cabin and was notched as such.

While the log is still solid the notch left a lot bigger area to chink and kinda looked a little out of place.

 We were able to remove one of the notches from another second story joist log and fit it in the opening.
The gray match is perfect and the gap between the logs just looks like a crack in a log.
Once chinked it will hardly be noticeable.
It also finishes off the log against the upright.


No comments:

Post a Comment