Thursday, July 16, 2015

Look at the size of those logs!

Five logs high. That is incredible, and not many around like that now a days. Each one of those look to be about three feet wide.
The cabin was built in 1841 in Indiana. Other than that I don't know any more about it.


As a point of reference; My cabin is the picture below. Count up five logs and see that they only come up to the bottom of the window.
In the old black and white picture the window is in the second log.
I have only seen one cabin with logs this size myself.
My cabin has nine to ten logs to reach the same height.
Wow!
































It seems the cabin has been preserved at Turkey Creek State Park, Indiana.

In this picture you can see that the logs are very narrow and in no way equal the width of the side view.
The logs were probably split which meant one section made more than one log, there by weighing less and not taking up so much interior room.

No comments:

Post a Comment