Friday, June 22, 2018

Cool weather got me started . . .

Daughter and I headed out to the cabin today. With a slight drizzle in the forecast for most of the day, we headed out with no firm plans.
At one point we decided to go for a drive down one of my favorite eastern Missouri drives. Lots of creek crossing and a place where I had gotten stones from before to place between the logs to hold the chinking.

When we got back to the cabin with our bucket load of rocks we practiced placing some of the stones to see how many more we would need.

 If you wedge them in tight they not only give the chinking something to hold onto, but also help support the span of logs.


 Helper.
Two Home Depot orange buckets of rocks easily did three rows of logs (only two are done in this photo).
So that means it won't take many more rock trips.













Here is a picture of the Pitt's building where I explained the method.

I had left these two rows un-chinked so people could see the method.

No comments:

Post a Comment