Wednesday, June 20, 2018

B2R by the Fire - by Conrad E. Meinecke - "Your Cabin in the Woods"

 You are not going to learn a lot from this book. I don't think it was ever suppose to be a manual for 'How to build your Cabin'. I think it was suppose to be more for inspiration to get you started.

It was originally printed in 1947 and probably got lots of guys dreaming. Many probably kept this on their bed-stand so they could dream about their project a night.

It does however give lots of great ideas and I just love the illustrations.

These are the kind of books I loved as a child; ones that made you dream.

And I have always believed illustrations and art-work are better for dreaming than photos.

Conrad comfortably lays out how to go about getting started on your project, but it is not directed specifically to building a log cabin.
But his thoughts are worth taking in.
Like I said, I just love the illustrations and will proudly put this book on my log cabin bookshelf.

The book is available at most online booksellers.


The Illustrations are by Victor Aures.















1 comment:

  1. If anyone has any other works by Victor Aures can they please let me know..Thanks

    ReplyDelete