Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Before the invention of tractors, well sort a. . . . .

Way back in this post, I talked about having to eventually use the tractor once it got too high to push the logs up with a weak mind and strong back.

Well, I found one photo . . . .











. . . . of about the time that change was going to have to happen.

In this picture you can see that the second floor joist log is the next one to go up.
From the looks of it this is the one that will be rolled all the way across to the far wall.
I only took the logs up two sides to save having the maneuver around the cabin so much with the tractor.
And the back sides were much higher than these two sides which would have meant the ramps would have had to be longer.
I would push the logs up and my helpers, on this day, would hold the ropes tight so the logs would not slide back down as I went to the other end.
When by myself, I had placed pegs in the ramps to keep the logs from sliding back down.
In the photos we are using downed small trees as the ramps. The old boards, floor joists, at this point I would use to walk up as I pushed the logs up the trees.
The joists, up till the point I started using the trees would have been the ramps for the logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment