Friday, February 16, 2018

Finally got a slide scanner so I can now better add some of my older photos . . .

These first two photos are from the cabin I call the 'Main Cabin', featured on the header of this blog.
This shows the interior just after I removed all the manure. You can see the dark area low on the wall that show how deep it was.
This photo also show how the stairs were boxed in and how a cabin could be finished on the inside to hide the logs. Just under the steps you can see the white wash that was the first time they tried to hide the logs.


 This photo show the unusual front porch covering. Notice that the porch roof pitch is different from the main roof.

There was a ceiling on the over hang, so the log under the porch were never sided.
 This photo is from the cabin I call 'Red Tail' on this blog.

While building there was an opening under one of the doors.
One spring a mother swallow built a nest inside a fishing basket for her babies.

This is a wonderful double crib log barn in St Charles County.
I may have posted this a couple of weeks ago, but this picture should be better.






No comments:

Post a Comment