Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blast from the past! Around 1995

Probably in all for the two cabins I had to hew about 12 logs.

I know I did 10 for the big cabin, shown in the background of the picture of me sitting.

For the blacksmith cabin, I did maybe four more. So I guess that makes 14 or so.

I did use a chainsaw to cut the vertical cuts, but an axe for the actual hewing.

Let the chips fall where they may.
The one I am sitting on is a sill log for the smaller blacksmith cabin.
By the time I had been doing this a while, after cutting down the tree and cutting it to length and de-limbing, I could hew two sides in about an hour.
I always had a couple of axes on hand and files nearby to keep them sharp

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice writing. The style you have narrated is simple beautiful and well authored. The quality of writing can be seen from the beginning until the end.
    Cottage/cabins rental Sauble Beach

    ReplyDelete