Sunday, November 17, 2019

Next Project


 While I love this Vermont Casting stove, and it is good for cooking a one-pot meal on, it is not ideal for cooking full meals on.
  It was never meant to be.

Plus I don't want to cook in the main living area.

But sometimes it is a little too cold to cook over the open fire outside.

And I want all my cooking and eating things in one area and not upstairs in the main cabin.











So I have started a new project.

Take a small area on the porch and turn it into a kitchen.

I don't think this will be the final solution, but will be a great place to start.





This past weekend I got the outside walls framed in, and the windows placed.

The windows are from an old church and have been needing to be reused for a long time.










Not big, about 100 inches x 78, it is large enough to hold a stove, sink and small frog.

The blue stove you see in this photo will not stay in the kitchen.

It is a little too big for the small area.

Hope to finish the framing this weekend and maybe the siding also.

Oh Yea! and the door hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment